Monday, March 7, 2011

An Abstract Piece


This is an abstract piece that I have just finished. I was very much inspired by the beautifuly crafted cabochon that Cathy, the talented designer behind Pink Glass Palace (http://pinkglasspalace.etsy.com/), made. She added interesting red lines criss-crossing through a sea of shimmery green. I did the silver setting by trying to emulate these lines and had them protruding from the sides of the bezel. It took a lot of trials and errors before I was able to get those details to appear just as I had envisioned them when I was sketching out the piece. I finished the necklace off with a beaded cord, alternating different shades of red to bring out the colors in the cabochon.

8 comments:

  1. I love how the lines in the cab appear to continue out from the bezel in silver! Beautiful and nice technique.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the lines as well, it does appear to move across the stone onto the piece. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work! It's so pretty...

    Jane
    http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abstracts are nice as they have the modern and stylish look to them which is very complimentary with the western wear.Initial Charms

    ReplyDelete